Crunch Plus Overdrive
The Crunch Plus pedal starts where the Crunch Transparent Overdrive leaves off, building on the same circuit by adding a third gain stage and a second clipping stage. Beginning with the gain at minimum, the Crunch Plus pedal is similar to the Crunch Transparent Overdrive on 3/4 gain with a bit of an edge. It never loses that edge, it builds on it as you bring up the gain.
The Crunch Plus takes it to the next level while still maintaining the transparency you'd expect from a McGregor Pedals overdrive pedal and is suitable for both guitar and bass.
The Crunch Plus Pedal may not be ideal for already crunched out amps. For these, the Crunch Transparent Overdrive is recommended.
- Gain: This controls the amount of gain driving the pedal's hard clipping. Minimum setting is similar to the Crunch Transparent Overdrive on 3/4 gain with a bit of an edge. The Crunch Plus pedal never loses that edge, it builds on it as you bring up the gain.
- Tone: A mid-range control that works very much like the tone control on most guitars.
- Vol: This Attenuates the amplified and clipped signal after it leaves the tone filter.
- Trimpot on side of pedal (unmarked) LED Brightness:
As someone who plays daytime outdoor shows, I wanted a super bright LED; however, this made it horrible to use in any other situation. So, I added a trimpot to that allows you to vary the LED Brightness from dark stage to bright sun. Please make the adjustment gently using a jeweler’s screwdriver.
- Type: Medium-Gain Overdrive Pedal
- Hand soldered in Vancouver, Canada
- High grade components picked for their superior sound and response
- True bypass with soft-click switch
- Three topside controls – Volume, Tone, Gain
- LED Brightness controlled by side-mounted variable resistor (trim pot)
- Low power draw: 9 - 13mA (9v) depending on LED setting
- Audio Jacks and Power Connection located at the top end to help with packed pedal boards
- 2.6″ x 4.8″ x 1.5″ (66.5mm x 122mm x 38mm) – height excludes knobs and switches