The McGregor Pedal Story
McGregor Pedals started one afternoon when Michael Schau , the best guitar player I know (and also one of Western Canada's most respected blues/rock players), told me that he could never find a low-gain overdrive pedal that was truly transparent.
This inspired me to put my physics background to use; I started researching and came up with a proof of concept as well as a long list of modifications/improvements. Michael heard the proof of concept and said, "don't change a f***ing thing."
I ignored him and spent a year making mods, only to end up pretty close to where I started. Serious pros (including Michael) have been playing the Crunch Transparent Overdrive live and in recordings ever since.
"The number one pedal in my board. Absolutely great for getting a fantastic Blues, Roots or low gain rhythm or lead tone without colouring the tone of my guitar or amp. Just an invaluable tone tool for the professional guitarist"--Michael Schau
- Hand soldered in Vancouver, Canada
- High grade components picked for their superior sound and response
- True bypass with high quality switch
- Three topside controls – Volume, Tone, Gain (the Cozmic Fuzzball has an Attack pot instead of Gain)
- LED Brightness controlled by side-mounted variable resistor (trim pot)
- Low power draw: 7 - 18mA (9v) depending on LED setting
- Audio Jacks and Power Connection located at the top end to help with packed pedal boards